HPV Vaccine Back in Stock – 5 Facts About HPV
19 Jan 2018
The HPV Vaccine, Gardasil 9, is back in stock at Fleet Street Clinic.
The vaccine is available to men and women. It protects against a range of cancers including cervical, head and neck cancer and other HPV-related diseases including genital warts.
5 facts about the HPV virus (Human papillomavirus) :
- Nearly all cases of cervical and anal cancer and 70% of oropharyngeal cancers are related to HPV.
- HPV is one of the most common sexually-transmitted diseases, so common in fact that most sexually active men and women will have HPV at some point in their life.
- There are different strains of the virus and they can be categorised into low-risk and high-risk HPV.
- There is no cure for HPV; some people fight off the virus without any knowledge of having been infected, whilst the virus can lie dormant in others, remaining undetected for many years.
- The virus can eventually cause abnormal cell growth – cervical abnormalities in women, which is why regular cervical screening is so important.
In order to protect against the virus, the HPV vaccine is strongly recommended. For more information, visit our HPV Vaccine page.
BOOKING A Vaccination APPOINTMENT
To book your HPV vaccine, call Fleet Street Clinic on 0207 353 5678 , email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment online.